Saturday, January 5, 2013

Book Review: The Golden Lily

TITLE: The Golden Lily
Book 2 in the Bloodlines series
AUTHOR: Richelle Mead
PUBLISHED: June 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy, vampires
PREMISE: Sydney is doing her duty as a alchemist but is slowly starting to wonder if she's getting too attached to her charges...
MY REVIEW: I have the utmost fondness for the Vampire Academy series. These books are my crack and I have no apologies about it. Are they original? No. Are they groundbreaking? Not really. But they are entertaining as hell and Mead knows how to keep you addicted and weave a good story at the same time.
Yes, she is somewhat formulaic at times but the formulas work for her and she does switch it up so it doesn't get boring. But her strong suit are characters. Archtypes they may be, these are FUN archtypes who manage to get you attached. I am super attached to Sydney. I dare say I like her more then Rose. Because at least Sydney isn't dating a guy when she knows she's in love with someone else. I know Rose had her reasons but I still don't care for how she handled that at all. Sydney is a tad more mature and I frankly love her. She's still got the sass that I loved in Rose but with more level headeness that Rose didn't gain till the end. I also much prefer the relationship developement here over Dimitri/Rose as much as I did love that pairing.
If you loved Vampire Academy I have no doubt you'll like Bloodlines as well and the second book continues the series fun addictive quality. If you must read vampires, I suggest you read these.
WHO SHOULD READ: Vampire Academy fans, fans of Bloodlines, Richelle Mead fans, UF fans, vampire fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five sassy blondes

No comments:

Post a Comment