This is a weekly meme hosted by the girls over at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week: My Top Ten 2013 Debuts
So there are a lot of awesome looking debuts that I hope to read this year. I had a hard time narrowing down the list but here it is:
1) The Cadet of Tildor by Alex Lidell-Promises me Tamora Pierce combined with George R. R. Martin. Not sure how true that is (last YA that promised me teen Games of Thrones did so not deliver) I'm always up for a book about a girl who wants to be a warrior of some sort.
2) The Dragon King Chronicles: Prophecy by Ellen Oh-Fantasy that sounds really awesome and has gotten lots of good reviews so far.
3) The Madman's Daughter Book 1: The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepard-A awesome looking new trilogy that is based on the lesser known book The Island of Dr. Moreau.
4) The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett-Because I'm a sucker for teen sleuths and teen sleuths combined with paranormal? Sign me up.
5) Finishing School Book 1: Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger-Carriger's YA debut that is a new series that takes place in the same universe as Parasol Protectorate, my favorite adult UF/steampunk series.
6) Dance of Shadows Book 1: Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black-Ballet school paranormal? Yes, please.
7) Delusion by Laura L. Sullivan-Historical fantasy that I can't wait to read.
8) The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson-Awesome sounding dystopian/fantasy.
9) Poison by Bridget Zinn-Fantasy adventure type sounding thing that sounds right up my alley.
10) The Memory Chronicles Book 1: Level 2 by Lenore Appelhans-Sci-fi sort of deal that again, sounds awesome.