Sunday, September 18, 2011

In My Mailbox (55)

Sorry for lack of updates this week. I've been busy getting through A Game of Thrones (spoiler alert for the review: I frakkin love it so expect much gushing) and I've just been neglecting blogging in general this week. I'm going to try to be better this week, especially on Tumblr as it's what I call big premiere week with new seasons starting (will be watching Castle, Dancing w/the Stars, Ringer, Glee, Body of Proof, Modern Family, The Middle, Big Bang Theory, and assuming they're good: Pan Am and Terra Nova, and maybe Charlies Angels and Secret Circle for anyone interested in what's on my radar). Now, onto the part you all actually care about.

This is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren that tells people what new books we've gotten over the week. All the links go to the books amazon page if you want more info.

Downloaded to Kindle:
Chaos Walking Series Book 1: The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness-I've heard so many good things so I'm pretty excited about this. It's currently 2.99 on the Kindle because they're having a massive sale that has some really good YA books in there. Go check it out!

The Talisman series Book 1: The Emerald Talisman by Brenda Pandos-Just downloading because it's free. Judging from the description this is another Twilight look-alike but I could be wrong so who knows?

From the Library:
Darkness Rising Trilogy Book 1: The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong-Love the Darkest Powers Trilogy and pretty much all Armstrong books so I'm looking forward to this one. I was going to buy it but it looks like I'll have to wait awhile so I checked it out instead and I'll buy it later.

Heroes of Olympus Book 1: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan-Finally getting around to this one because I want to be caught up in time for the Son of Neptune release. Then I need to read Throne of Fire so I'm all caught up on the Riordan books.

A Long Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan-Sleeping Beauty retelling done dystopian style. Why didn't I think of that? Haven't heard much about this one, I hope it's not a copy of Across the Universe which it sounds like.


That's it for me. What did you get in your mailbox?

2 comments:

  1. The Knife of Never Letting Go is brilliant. I still have to read the other two books in the series though. No worries about A Long, Long Sleep -- I thought it was VERY different from AtU. Happy reading and yay for Game of Thrones! :D

    Steph @ Poetry to Prose
    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great IMM week! I just got Game of Thrones too...but unsure when I'm going to dive into since I've heard it takes over your life pretty much! New Follower :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete