Thursday, September 22, 2011

Book Review: Silver Borne


TITLE: Silver Borne
Book 5 in the Mercy Thompson series
AUTHOR: Patricia Briggs
PUBLISHED: 2010
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban fantasy, shifters, faeries, vampires
PREMISE: Mercy deals with life as Adam's consort.
MY REVIEW: This series is one that started out strong for me but with these more recent books have sort of lost their sparkle. I genuinely like Mercy and I appreciate the books but honest I haven't seen much point to them lately. Especially this one I just read.
Literally nothing really happens. There's a pack squabble. Something about a book and that's pretty much it. So I have nothing new to add that I haven't said in my recent reviews of the Mercy books. Yes, the covers still irritate me despite the pretty art. I'll be reading the next one only because that's the most recent and I'm too invested to stop now but really Briggs needs to step it up a notch if she wants me to read this in the future. If River Marked doesn't deliver then I'm done with this series and won't bother with the new ones.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of the first 4 Mercy books, Briggs fans, Kelley Armstrong fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five broken cars

No comments:

Post a Comment