Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Book Review: From Bad to Cursed


TITLE: From Bad to Cursed
Book 2 in the Bad Girls Don't Die series
AUTHOR: Katie Alender
PUBLISHED: 2011
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: horror, paranormal
PREMISE: When her sister joins a club that shoots to popularity Alexis goes undercover because she suspects the girls are asking for a little paranormal help.
MY REVIEW: Bad Girls Don't Die was a recent pleasant surprise for me that I found at the library. I really don't know why this series isn't more popular. My only explanation is there's no love triangle or romantic drama.
But I personally really dig this series. It's got decent writing, decent characters, and it's very old school horror that's reminiscent of R. L. Stines Fear Street series which was one of my favorites growing up. The author effectively uses horror to make commentary on things like the pressure girls put on each other, peer pressure, toxic friendships, etc.
Granted it's a wee bit slow and again, some may find the lack of romance boring. But I really like this series and I hope there's another book after the way the author left it.
WHO SHOULD READ: Stephan King fans, R.L.Stine fans, horror fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five singed spell books

1 comment: