Friday, October 21, 2016

Book Review: The Raven King

TITLE: The Raven King
Book 4 in The Raven Cycle series
AUTHOR: Maggie Stiefvater
PUBLISHED: April 26th, 2016
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Magical Realism
PREMISE: Gansey and the others continue their search for the lost king and this time...may finally find him.
MY REVIEW: This series sneaks up on you. At least it did with me. I liked the first book perfectly fine but didn't go gaga over it like everyone else seemed too. But then came the second book and before I knew it I was eagerly anticipating every release. Also might have been mildly stalking Steifvater's blog/tumblr a bit in the hopes for some news about it...
I meant to get to this a whole lot sooner but that's when my father's health starting declining and so...it got pushed aside. But I finally picked it back up this month and as I suspected, it was a wonderfully satisfying conclusion.
Also, I just heard that Stiefvater is possibly doing a trilogy centered around Ronan. It will probably be forever and a day until we get it, but I am all for it if it happens. Along with anything else Stiefvater has planned. She's basically a auto-read now for me.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that read and liked the first three books, Maggie Stiefvater fans, magical realism fans
MY RATING: Four and a half out of Five lost kings
RATING FOR SERIES: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment