Friday, May 6, 2016

Book Review: The Rose Society

TITLE: The Rose Society
Book 2 in the Young Elites series
AUTHOR: Marie Lu
PUBLISHED: October 2015
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fantasy
PREMISE: Adelina and her sister go on the search for other Elites while things brew in their kingdom...
MY REVIEW: Much as I adore fantasy trilogies, a lot of them tend to go predictable routes. YA fantasy trilogies are no exception. This trilogy however...surprised me. In a good way. The author took this in directions I was not expecting and this trilogy is so much better for it.
Because as much as I liked The Young Elites....I thought it was predictable. It had a lot of things I was used to seeing in YA, so I was looking forward to the second book, but not expecting much. I really should have known better. Lu surprised me with the Legend Trilogy and how that ended. She did the same here with this second book.
I will warn, the first half of this is slow. But then the second part happens and the payoff is great. I cannot wait for the third book. Authors, THIS is how you do good twists.
WHO SHOULD READ: those that read the first book, Legend Trilogy fans, Red Queen Trilogy fans
MY RATING: Four and a half out of Five jaw drops

No comments:

Post a Comment