Sunday, April 24, 2016

Book Review: Salt to the Sea

TITLE: Salt to the Sea
AUTHOR: Ruta Sepetys
PUBLISHED: February 2016
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Historical Fiction
PREMISE: In 1945 four teenagers struggle to survive while fleeing the Soviets during WWII.
MY REVIEW: Every time I read one of Ruta Sepetys' new books, I'm reminded that I really really need to read Between Shades of Gray still. I can't believe I still haven't gotten to it yet, because I've loved all the books she's written since such as Out of The Easy and now this one.
This is a multiple point of view book, but it's a well done multiple point of view. It talks about a little known incident during WWII, Which is one of the things I kind of adore about Sepetys. She writes about the not very well known parts of history. It's sort of refreshing and makes these books more interesting. There was a bit of insta-love stuff in this that I didn't particularly care for and found very unnecessary, but other then that, I pretty much adored this book.
If you want well written historical fiction about a little known event in WWII, absolutely pick this up.
WHO SHOULD READ: Ruta Sepetys fans, historical fiction fans, fans of The Book Thief
MY RATING: Four and a half out of Five ships

No comments:

Post a Comment