Thursday, April 14, 2016

Book Review: Everything, Everything

TITLE: Everything, Everything
AUTHOR: Nicola Yoon
PUBLISHED: September 2015
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Realistic Fiction, Romance
PREMISE: A girl, who has to be kept inside so she doesn't get sick, falls in love with the boy next door.
MY REVIEW: This is one of those books that keeps popping up on people's lists so when I saw it at the library, I decided to take a look. It was...okay. That's pretty much all I have to say about it. It was a pretty average YA romance.
There were some cute illustrations throughout it and the way it's told is very clever. It's just story wise...it didn't blow me away or anything. It's not really the author's fault, it's just ever since Fault in Our Stars, this type of story has been everywhere lately. I give the author some points for the twist at the end though. I definitely didn't see that one coming. I'm not sure if it's a good twist. But it definitely is a twist.
So iffy ending aside, this was a cute book. It's not groundbreaking or anything. The prose didn't blow me away. But it was a cute romance and was good for the mood I was in while reading it.
WHO SHOULD READ: Fault in Our Stars fans, romance fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five cute illustrations

No comments:

Post a Comment