Saturday, February 28, 2015

Looking Ahead: March 2015

So many awesome books coming out this month. Here's what's on my radar, meaning you can probably expect a review of it here soon.

TITLE: Sorceress
Book 3 in the Spellcaster Trilogy
AUTHOR: Claudia Gray
Released: March 3rd

Why: It's Claudia Gray, I can always count on her books for a good time that doesn't make me feel like I'm losing IQ points. This series is no exception, thought the second did drag a bit.




TITLE: Razorhurst
AUTHOR: Justine Larbalestier
Released: March 3rd

Why: It just sounds cool. Historical fiction with ghosts and mob bosses. I'm in.






TITLE: Burning Kingdoms
Book 2 in the Internment Chronicles
AUTHOR: Lauren DeStafano
Released: March 10th

Why: I admit, I didn't care for the Chemical Garden Trilogy at all. But I loved DeStafano's writing style. If I could grade her on ability to tell a story alone, that trilogy would have a full five stars instead of me shrugging my shoulders at it. Here, there's good writing AND good story. It's so much better then the Chemical Garden Trilogy and I can't wait to read the sequel.


TITLE: Shadow Scale
Book 2 in the Seraphina series
AUTHOR: Rachel Hartman
Released: March 10th

Why: FINALLY! I've been waiting for this sequel for TWO YEARS. I loved Seraphina and if you haven't read it, you totally should. I can't wait to get my hands on this one.




TITLE: Prudence
Book 1 in the Custard Protocol series
AUTHOR: Gail Carriger
Released: March 17th

Why: When Gail Carriger has a new book out I don't ask questions, I just read. I have not been let down by her books once.





TITLE: Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Cooper Story
AUTHOR: David Levithan
Released: March 17th

Why: Tiny Cooper pretty much made Will Grayson, Will Grayson for me. I'm thrilled he's getting his own book.

TITLE: The Walls Around Us
AUTHOR: Nova Ren Suma
Released: March 24rth

Why: Suma is a vastly underrated YA author. Her prose are beautiful and she has wonderfully imaginative set ups and complicated heroines in her books. I never know what I'm going to get with her books, other then it'll be well written.




TITLE: The Wicked Will Rise
Book 2 in the Dorothy Must Die series
AUTHOR: Danielle Page
Released: March 31rst

Why: This series is just the right amount of cheese and good stuff that makes for an entertaining read about Oz. Looking forward to the sequel.





TITLE: Black Dove, White Raven
AUTHOR: Elizabeth Wein
Released: March 31rst

Why: It's Elizabeth Wein, if you haven't read Code Name Verity or Rose Under Fire, do so immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment