Sunday, February 8, 2015

Thematic Sunday: Romantic Books/Book series

So...I am not what one would call a huge consumer of romance. But every so often, I feel inclined to see one out. Or I seek out a book that is rather romantic but not what people tend to picture when they picture a romance novel. As Valentines Day is upon us (or Single Awareness Day as I prefer to call it), here are some romantically inclined books/book series to get you in the mood:

1) Anna and the French Kiss Trilogy by Stephanie Perkins

Why: It's romance set in PARIS. Why would you not want to read that?



2) Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon

Why: Personally, I've never read these (will one of these days), but I hear it's pretty damn romantic and involves time travel.





3) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

Why: Looking for more character driven romance? You can't do much better then Bronte. Also check out her sisters books which also have some classic romances.







4) Anything Jane Austen

Why: While I'm sure there were romance novels before Austen, one cannot deny she has had a HUGE influence over the genre.








5) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Why: Maybe tear-jerker romances are your thing? Well, might I point to this book.








6) Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Why: Maybe you like less rip-your-heart out romance and more bittersweet romances? Well, again, I point to this book.








8) The Shiver Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater

Why: Perhaps you want more paranormal inclined romance. Well here's werewolves.



9) The Princess Bride by William Goldman

Why: What's this? You want straight up romantic fantasy? That's not quite so angsty/sad? Ahem. Also recommend the movie.








10) Anything Sarah Dessen

Why: have never read her, but people tell me she's a better version of Nicholas Sparks. Which as someone who kind of detests Nicholas Sparks' books already intrigues me.

No comments:

Post a Comment