Saturday, July 13, 2013

Book Review: Spirit's Chosen

TITLE: Spirit's Chosen
Princesses of Myth series Book 6 (or Himoko book 2)
AUTHOR: Esther Friesner
PUBLISHED: April 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Retelling, Historical Fiction
PREMISE: Himoko embraces her destiny as a shaman as her world falls apart.
MY REVIEW: You guys know I love the Princesses of Myth series. So, you've probably already guessed my feelings on this book.
You're right: I adored it. Yes, like all the books, it drags a wee bit in the middle. But the way the author tells Himoko's story is still great.
Mostly I just love these books for giving us awesome female heroines and the great historical detail. This is just as solid as the rest. I can't wait for whichever heroine Friesner introduces to us, next.
WHO SHOULD READ: those that read Spirit's Princess, historical fiction fans, Retelling fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five shamans

No comments:

Post a Comment