Friday, July 26, 2013

Book Review: How to Lead a Life of Crime

TITLE: How to Lead a Life of Crime
AUTHOR: Kirsten Miller
PUBLISHED: February 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Parodyish, Mystery/Thriller
PREMISE: Flick escapes his father to live life on the streets only to be brought to Mandel Academy where he is given a test: become the best in his class of villains and he will get information that will put his father away in jail.
MY REVIEW: Ever have one of those books that is okay but you just can't click with it for some reason? That is me and How to Lead a Life of Crime.
There isn't anything I find particularly wrong with this book. It's bit violent but I'm not squeemish about stuff like that. None of the characters really did anything for me. While the storyline was interesting, I never felt heavily invested in it. I just honestly couldn't get into it.
Is that my fault or the authors? Who knows. I just know this wasn't for me. I'm sure some guys would get into though. Maybe fans of stuff like I Hunt Killers or Dexter.
WHO SHOULD READ: guys, fans of Miller's other books, I Hunt Killers fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five pickpockets

No comments:

Post a Comment