Saturday, July 13, 2013

Book Review: Legacy of the Clockwork Key

TITLE: Legacy of the Clockwork Key
Book 1 in the Secret Order series
AUTHOR: Kristin Bailey
PUBLISHED: March 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Steampunk, Mystery
PREMISE: A girl gets a job at a manor and discovers a strange key that leads her to a mysterious organization.
MY REVIEW: Well...it was what it was? This is the author's first book so I'll admit, I'm giving a lot of leeway. Plus, I did get some enjoyment out of it. It wasn't half bad.
Meg was a enjoyable protagonist who didn't get on my nerves, the mystery was interesting enough to keep reading, and the writing was sound. Bailey's descriptions were fabulous, I could easily picture everything and wasn't confused.
It just...wasn't mind blowing. It's a decent library read, good for when you're in the mood for some historical mystery, but that's about it. It's not what I would call a must read.
WHO SHOULD READ: steampunk fans, The Dark Unwinding fans (reminded me a lot of that book)
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five lost keys

No comments:

Post a Comment