Friday, July 26, 2013

Book Review: Dance of the Red Death

TITLE: Dance of the Red Death
Masque of the Red Death series
AUTHOR: Bethany Griffin
PUBLISHED: June 2013
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Dystopian/Steampunk, Retelling (of sorts)
PREMISE: Araby searches for answers when her world crumbles around her.
MY REVIEW: Every so often I'll give a book series that I was lukewarm about another chance. Masque of Red Death was...okay for me, but didn't thrill me. Mostly I liked Griffin's writing style which to be honest is the main reason I decided to give the series one more shot.
But alas, no real improvement. It's fine for fans of the series. It doesn't get worse, but it doesn't do an amazing turn around either. Most things in it, I saw coming from a mile away. I could also go on about the annoying love triangle but I'll spare you that particular rant.
If you're a fan of the first one, this should be good for you. For the rest of us...I wouldn't bother with it, unless you're really curious about how things turn out. Don't know if another book is coming in the series, but if it is, I probably won't be bothering with it.
WHO SHOULD READ: Masque of the Red Death fans, steampunk fans, Edgar Allen Poe fans
MY RATING: Three out of Five diseases

No comments:

Post a Comment