Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone is having a great holiday. I myself just watched the Macy's Parade as is tradition for me and my Mom. Am I the only one that cracked up when they saw Joan Rivers as the snow queen? I hope not.

What I'm thankful for:
I live in a country like the United States. Granted we have our issues. Politics has been insane, people have said some pretty idiotic things lately (God made it his mission to get you through Dancing with the Stars, Bristol? Really? You don't think he has more important things to worry about?), and some pretty sucky things in general have been going on. But you've got to admit the US has it pretty good compared to some. In some countries, I wouldn't be able to have this blog probably. Or a computer, or books. Just saying. So yeah, our country has issues, but in the long run, it's an interesting place. Plus we have awesome entertainment such as Beyonce's concert on ABC tonight which I'm so watching even though I really shouldn't cause it'll get Single Ladies stuck in my head for the eighty millionth time this year.
I'm thankful for family (when they aren't getting on my nerves), my job (I probably won't feel this way tomorrow though...), and the ability to have food and a roof over my head.
I'm thankful for friends (both online and in real life)
I'm thankful that Walmart is open today so that my family was able to get the emergency munchies that we forgot to buy (opps...) A thank you to all employees who had to work today, I know it's tough working on a holiday.
General things like all the awesome books published this year that have been great reading, music (how boring would it be if we didn't have music?), and all the little things that make our life more enjoyable (such as the internet, crazy place that it is).
So Happy Turkey Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment