Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Book Review: Love Bites


TITLE: Love Bites
Book 7 in the Vampire Kisses series
AUTHOR: Ellen Schreiber
PUBLISHED: 2010
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: vampires, romance, urban fantasy
PREMISE: Alexander's best friend comes to Dullsville and starts crushing on Raven's best friend Becky...
MY REVIEW: Okay, it's official. I'm breaking up with this series. Look, I still think it's cute and great for younger readers and is a fun sort of parody for older readers but it's just not going anywhere. Plus this is practically the same plot she used in the last book with Alexander's parents. It's getting very repetitive and that's kind of annoying because I know this series has a lot of potential.
Raven is still hilarious (though as of late she's kind of become...annoying? Is that just me?) and her relationship with Alexander is still cute and whatnot. These books are always nice and fast quick reads and again, perfect for younger readers. But also again: nothing changes.
So while I do still like this series...I just don't know if I'll bother reading the rest of them because they've sort of become dull and repetitive. Now maybe I'm wrong and Schreiber will turn the series around but I'm betting not. I'm also not even sure if there's going to be a next book as it seems Schreiber has started a new series that is coming out in December about werewolves. I'm definitely taking a look at that one whenever I can. As for Vampire Kisses...still like it, I just want...more from it.
WHO SHOULD READ: those who read and liked the first six books, vampire fans, Twilight fans
MY RATING: Three out of Five bottles of black nail polish

FOR THE FOLLOWING CHALLENGES:
12 by 12 in November
One Hundred Plus Books
YA Challenge
Finish That Series (now complete! Makes...three done)
Support Your Local Library

No comments:

Post a Comment