Saturday, November 19, 2016

Book Review: The Selected Letters of Laura Ingalls Wilder

TITLE: The Selected Letters of Laura Ingalls Wilder
AUTHOR: edited by William Anderson
PUBLISHED: March 2016
CATEGORY: Non-Fiction
GENRE: Letters/Journals
PREMISE: A few of the letters written by Laura Ingalls Wilder during the 1890s to the mid-1950s.
MY REVIEW: This was another of those picked up on a whim books. I have read the entire Little House series like most kids under ten probably did. It's...sort of like my feelings on the Chronicles of Narnia. I appreciate it for building my love of reading in my younger years...but my adult self notices a lot of the problematic things in it so I'm not sure if I can call it a favorite.
So...I was probably not the target audience for this book. Books like these are for hardcore fans of whoever the subject in question is. The thing about letters, especially day to day ones, is they get really repetitive. Most of the interest for me actually came from the in between parts of the letters which told you about events that happened in between letters.
If you are one who is very interested in the real life of Laura Ingalls Wilder, this book will probably be interesting to you. If you're not...it probably will be a tad boring.
WHO SHOULD READ: Hardcore Little House fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment