Friday, July 8, 2016

Book Review: Glass Sword

TITLE: Glass Sword
Book 2 in the Red Queen Trilogy
AUTHOR: Victoria Aveyard
PUBLISHED: February 2016
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fantasy
PREMISE: Mare recruits other red and silver fighters to her cause while Maven pursues her.
MY REVIEW: I keep wanting to love this series more then I actually do. I do not like disliking the super popular books. Despite what people try to claim, it's not fun. I was hoping that the second installment would be a turn around for me. I have had trilogies have ho hum starts and then go on to be brilliant by the second book. Unfortunately...that did not happen here.
Mare continues to be a bland character. Honestly...all the characters continue to be bland. The idea itself continues to be average and a mish mash of other ideas I've seen before. About the only interesting thing going on in this series is Maven, and he was barely present in this book, so that made this book even more boring then the first. Everything about this series is just bland.
I gave this series a second shot. It failed to impress. I think it's time to bid farewell to it. I don't think it's utterly horrible or anything. It's a competent enough fantasy that I'll give it an average rating. But it's not impressive enough to warrant all the hype it's getting.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that loved the first book, those who don't mind cliche ridden YA fantasy
MY RATING: Three out of Five I've seen this book a million times before feelings

No comments:

Post a Comment