Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Book Review: Dangerous Deception

TITLE: Dangerous Deception
Book 2 in the Dangerous Creatures series
AUTHOR: Kami Garcia and Margeret Stohl
PUBLISHED: May 2015
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
PREMISE: Link searches for a missing Ridley.
MY REVIEW: I was looking forward to this series when it was announced. Did I think it was necessary? No. I was immensely pleased with how Beautiful Creatures ended things. But this series featured Link and Ridley. Two of my favorite characters in that series. So, I got my hopes up.
The first book was enjoyable. Not fantastic. But I got into it. This book...was honestly kind of a chore to get through. I can't put my finger on why. It just didn't have the sparkle that the previous books have had. Then there was that ending and lord only knows when we're actually getting a continuation. It's been a year, and no book has been announced.
So...yeah. I have very mixed and disappointed feelings about this one. I hope the authors continue, only because that was a poor place to leave things at. If they don't continue...I'm just going to pretend these two books never happened and it just left off as originally intended. Authors, sometimes, it's good to not do spin-offs. Just saying.
WHO SHOULD READ: Beautiful Creatures series fans, who don't mind cliffhangers
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five what was this? feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment