Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year

Sorry for not doing these lately. I've had work and so have not had enough time to prepare a list for these. Plus, for some of the recent ones, I just didn't really have any books that answered it so I left it to people who had better lists.
But here I am this week, at least. This is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year

1) The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black-Took me awhile to get to Black's latest. But I loved it just as much as I suspected I would.

2) Circle Reforged Book 3: Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce-Another brilliant one from last year that I missed and wound up loving. But it's Pierce so really, it's no surprise that this was a favorite. ;has major bias where this author is concerned;

3) Madman's Daughter Book 2: Her Dark Curiousity by Megan Shephard-One of the best sequel's I've read this year.

4) The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson-Don't read much contemporary, but when I do, it's Anderson because she always delivers.

5) Lunar Chronicles Book 3: Cress by Marissa Meyer-Again, much bias where this series is concerned because I just love it so much.

6) Rebel Belle Book 1 by Rachel Hawkins-Looking for a fun YA Urban Fantasy that spits on making girly girls out to be villains? This book is that book and it is made of win.

7) Legend Book 3: Champion by Marie Lu-THIS is how you end a dystopian trilogy ;looks at Divergent pointedly;

8) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell-I was a little late to the Rowell fangirl party, but I'm here at last. I also read and really enjoyed Eleanor and Park, but I figure two Rowell books on one list is overdoing it a bit....

9) Dark Star series Book 2: Burn Bright by Bethany Frenette-Another really good sequel. Seriously, why aren't people all over the Dark Star series?! It's urban fantasy, WITH SUPERHEROES!

10) Avalon Trilogy Book 1: Avalon by Mindee Arnett-New series that is sort of Fireflyish. Really wish more people were talking about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment