Thursday, June 19, 2014

Book Review: Always Emily

TITLE: Always Emily
AUTHOR: Michaela MacColl
PUBLISHED: April 8th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Historical Fiction, slight mystery
PREMISE: Emily and Charlotte, the two girls who would grow to become two of the famous Bronte sisters, help solve a mystery in their small town.
MY REVIEW: While I liked this book, I also have to admit: it's probably just going to be for a select group of people. Namely: Bronte fans/historical fiction fans. Everyone else....will probably get bored with this.
Because even a history lover like myself got bored while reading it. Also, I have to ask: why didn't Anne get to join in on the adventure? Seriously, why does everyone always forget about poor Anne Bronte? Even I'm guilty of it, hers is the one Bronte book I haven't read (my bad Anne, I'll try and get to it this year maybe). You know what would be great? If someone wrote a book about the forgotten Bronte sister. Authors, I give you permission to use this idea.
So this was a pleasant if a bit droll read. If you're a historical fiction/Bronte lover, it's a must read. If you're neither of those things...I'd look elsewhere.
WHO SHOULD READ: Hardcore Bronte fans, historical fiction fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five forgotten little sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment