Sunday, March 18, 2012

In My Mailbox (75)

This is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren that tells people what new books we've gotten over the week.
Sorry for absence last week, I was busy moving and I also hadn't gotten any books. Chances are it'll be every other week nowadays because I only have access to the library every other week due to move and I won't be buying as many books as I'm now on a budget.

Downloaded to Kindle:
I Think I Love You by Stephanie Bond-Currently free on Kindle (for like one or two more days I believe). I've been meaning to check out Bond for awhile now. Adult book.
Burden of Blood series Book 1 by Wenona Hulsey. Adult PR that is also free for few more days.

From the library:
The Books of Raziel Book 1: Archon by Sabrina Benulis-Adult UF book from December.
Darkest London Book 1: Firelight by Kristen Callihan-Adult UF series that just came out this year. Looks fun. Part of my effort to get more into the adult UF/PR scene.
The Kendra Chronicles Book 1: Bewitching by Alex Flinn-While I was not crazy about Beastly (I prefer Beauty by Robin McKinley when it comes to Beauty and the Beast retellings) I did find the character of Kendra interesting so I'm giving this a shot. One thing though, I thought Kendra was supposed to be overweight? That girl on the cover is not overweight and I find it hard to believe she could ever be made fun of like she was in Beastly. Did she change her appearance after?
Lady Arianna Regency Mystery series Book 1: Sweet Revenge by Andrea Penrose-adult cozy historical mystery book. My cozy mystery addiction strikes again! C'mon, it's historical with chocolate cooking, and a lady sleuth? How can I resist?

2 comments:

  1. Bewitching sounds good. I really want to read a book by Alex Flinn, love fairy tales:)Happy reading!
    You can find my Mailbox here

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read Beastly by Alex Flinn but I really want to read more of her novels - especially Bewitching.

    Great books and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete