Thursday, March 22, 2012

Book Review: Dead to You


TITLE: Dead to You
AUTHOR: Lisa McMann
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: drama, mystery
PREMISE: Ethan comes back to his family but is it really him?
MY REVIEW: Sigh, I don't know what I was expecting from this book but it was more then...this. I think it's really time I part ways with McMann. Her writing is just off and on for me and this time it was really off. While the idea was interesting the execution of said idea left a lot to be desired.
The main problem is Ethan just isn't likeable. Frankly none of the characters are. There were moments I wanted to wack everyone on the head except for the poor little girl who got caught up in everyone else's mistakes. Then that ending happened and I'm just left sitting there going...what was the point of all of that then?!
I'm sorry, I just don't like endings like that which make me feel like I've wasted my time with characters I don't even like and a story that was dull and as predictable as rocks. The writing was good, again, it was a interesting concept. This book just wasn't for me and honestly, I don't really see many people getting enjoyment out of it either.
WHO SHOULD READ: Er...I don't know, sorry.
MY RATING: Two out of Five wtf endings

1 comment:

  1. I always struggle with this author's books. They start out great and then kind of fade away towards the end. I'm not sure if I will read this one or not.

    ReplyDelete