Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Book Review: Havoc


TITLE: Havoc
Book 2 in the Deviants series
AUTHOR: Jeff Sampson
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: urban fantasy, shifters, drama
PREMISE: Emily continues to find more members for her pack...
MY REVIEW: Sigh. This was one of those series that I was really hoping would get better as it went on. I wasn't very into the first book but gave it a pass because I felt maybe there would be more interesting stuff/improvement in the future. But this is basically just more of the first book and so I think I'm done with this series.
I just can't get into it despite the fact that the series is not horrible. I can't get into the main character despite how much the author dangles her geekiness in my face, I feel side characters are really two-dimensional (particularly the mean girls), and I just feel like the plot drags and that there is way too much stereotyping and tropes such as love triangles.
Now, fans of the first book? You'll be pleased as this is basically more of the first book and I'll give there are interesting developements here and there. But I think I'm honestly done with this series, it's just not for me.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of the first book
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five geeks

1 comment:

  1. I have read books like that. You want to be more interested, but it just doesn't work for you...

    ReplyDelete