Sunday, February 5, 2012

In My Mailbox (70)

This is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren that tells people what new books we've received over the week.

Downloaded to Kindle:
Deadwood Mystery book 1: Nearly Departed in Deadwood by Ann Charles-Paranormal mystery thing that was free. Adult.
Ghost of Granny Apples Book 1: Ghost a La Mode by Sue Ann Jaffarian-Another free cozy paranormal type mystery. No I don't have an cozy book addiction, why would you say this? ;)

From Net Galley
Croak by Gina Damico-Upcoming release whose premise sounds a bit like Dead Like Me which if you haven't seen, you totally should because that show is fabulous. Thank you Houghton Mifflin Court for the eARC.
The Iron Codex Book 2: The Nightmare Garden by Caitlin Kittredge-The Iron Thorn was one of my favorite unsung debuts from last year. I can't wait for book 2. Thank you Delacorte books for the eARC.

From the library:
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray-Female Lord of the Flies done by one of my favorite YA authors? I'm in! Even if it has gotten mixed reviews from her fans (Going Bovine did as well and I loved that so...)
Shatter Me Book 1 by Tahereh Mafi-FINALLY off the reserve list. So much buzz for this one but I'm trying not to let my expectations get too high because the buzz has burned me in the past, especially in 2011.
Wisdom's Kiss by Catherine Gilbert Murdock-Never tried any of Murdock's books before. We'll see how this goes.
Across the Universe Book 2: A Million Suns by Beth Revis-I admit, I wasn't as enamoured of Across the Universe as everyone else but it was good enough that I'm checking out the sequel where I hope there's not as much trope attack (the same with Wither, not crazy about it but I'm hoping the author brings it in the second book). If this (and Fever) suffer from second book syndrome though, I'm done. I give authors second chances unless they really just don't appeal to me.
Under the Never Sky Book 1 by Veronica Rossi-Debut that I've heard good things about that sounds right up my alley so I'm a little pumped even if again, I'm trying to keep my expectations in check.

3 comments:

  1. I think Beauty Queens sounds hilarious and entertaining!

    Enjoy your books, Great IMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like Shatter Me, it sounds great :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/02/in-my-mailbox.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great IMM this week! You got some awesome books from the library. Shatter Me was amazing and I need to read Across the Universe so that I can get to A Million Suns!

    Happy reading!

    You can check out my IMM HERE!

    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete