Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Book Review: Hallowed


TITLE: Hallowed
Book 2 in the Unearthly series
AUTHOR: Cynthia Hand
PUBLISHED: 2012
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Angels, romance, drama
PREMISE: Clara deals with the future and what to do about her purpose now that she's not sure what it is.
MY REVIEW: So last year I really enjoyed Unearthly and this is kind of a big deal for me because as a rule, I have a hard time getting into angel books. Even ones I mildly enjoy I think are rather bad (Hush Hush, Fallen). But not this series. I actually enjoy it as a well written series and say with pride that I love it. While some of the problems I did have persist in the second (Clara flip flops constantly, some of it does drag sometimes, and the ever annoying love triangle though this is one of the better ones out there) it still has Hand's solid writing and again: a big enjoyability factor.
I will say this sort of feels like a filler book? Don't get me wrong, it helps in filling out backstory, and developing Christian, and Clara herself. I am also still mourning the awesomeness that was Clara's Mom (seriously, she needs her own backstory book). I also am getting a bad feeling about Jeffrey. But compared to Unearthly...not many plot points happened. It was rather slow actually. I enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but I feel like this was a stop over on the way to more exciting stuff.
But if you enjoyed Unearthly like I did, chances are you won't be disappointed by this sequel. I just feel much of the better stuff is going to happen in the next book so I can't wait for that to come out.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of Unearthly, Fallen fans, Hush Hush fans, angel book fans
MY RATING: Four out of Five angels in glory

1 comment:

  1. I didn't read the book, so it's a little difficult for me to get across about what you wrote.

    flipbook maker

    ReplyDelete