Thursday, May 19, 2011

Book Review: Iron Kissed


TITLE: Iron Kissed
Book 3 in the Mercy Thompson series
AUTHOR: Patricia Briggs
PUBLISHED: 2008
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban fantasy, romance, mystery, werewolves
PREMISE: Mercy tracks down a murderer and finally deals with Adam and Sam.
MY REVIEW: In the third Mercy book, it's business as usual as Mercy tracks down a killer who killed someone and framed Zee for it in the hopes of starting a anti-faerie war. Meanwhile, she finally sits down and makes a choice: Adam or Same?
Here's the thing. I enjoy the Mercy series however, I wish it would get better. It never upped it's game for me like Women of the Otherworld did. It's fun don't get me wrong, and I love that we have a level-headed heroine and that she deals with stuff in a mature manner (mostly). The world-building is also really interesting. However, I'm not fully hooked on it like I am with Sookie Stackhouse or the Parasol Protectorate series and I'm honest to god stumped as to why.
It's still a decent series though. I just wish it would get...better. I don't know, one of those wierd things with me. Perhaps now that the annoying love triangle is solved (I hope) the series will be more interesting.
WHO SHOULD READ: Those that have read the first 2 books, shifter/werewolf fans, urban fantasy fans

No comments:

Post a Comment