Thursday, May 26, 2011

Book Review: Forgive My Fins


TITLE: Forgive My Fins
Book 1 in a series
AUTHOR: Tera Lynn Childs
PUBLISHED: 2010
CATEGORY: Young adult
GENRE: Mermaids, romance
PREMISE: A teen mermaid finds herself bonded to a guy she hates.
MY REVIEW: A girl who's a mermaid but hides it accidently bonds herself to a guy she hates instead of the hot guy she was after in the first place. Now she has to deal with the consequences including taking him down to meet her father and the fact that he's not as horrible as she thought. Darn.
Here's the thing about Forgive My Fins, it's very clearly written for tweens. Okay, that's cool. Tweens need books too and they could certainly do a lot worse then this one. So with that in mind I can't really complain too much about the juvenile tone throughout the book because I'm honestly not the audience for this book. It also means I can't complain to much about the simple plot and obvious twists or slightly bratty main character either. Because again, I'm not the audience and this was never meant to be high literature.
So all that I can really say is that it wasn't for me and is a tad cutesy. But if you're a tween and into this mermaid business you'll probably love it. Just don't expect it to be amazing and you're good. The second book in the series, Fins Are Forever comes out this summer.
WHO SHOULD READ: Tweens, fans of Disney's Little Mermaid, Mermaid fans
MY RATING: Three out of Five tridents

No comments:

Post a Comment