Monday, February 12, 2018

Notable Releases: 2/4-2/10

Here are this past week's notable releases that are on my radar. Brace yourself, there are a LOT this week.

MG/YA

Down and Across by Arvin Ahmadi

Looks like a possibly cute contemporary romance. I've heard mixed things, so we'll see how it goes.








American Panda by Gloria Chao

Another cute sounding contemporary romance. It's giving me slight The Sun is Also a Star vibes but with less angst/sadness and I'm all for that.








The Belles Book 1: The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton

One of the big releases of the week for me anyway. Everything about this book just speaks to me. I can't wait to get my hands on it.








Your One and Only by Adrianne Finlay

Interesting looking sci-fi book.









Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia

Interesting looking contemporary romance.









The Apocalypse of Elena Mendoza by Shaun David Hutchinson

Hutchinson is basically an auto-read for me now. His books are just so weird but they work so well for me. So I'm up for basically anything he does.








Winterfolk by Janel Kolby

Interesting looking contemporary. It's promising magical realism shenanigans, which we all know I have issues with. But maybe it'll be that one out of ten magical realism books that I wind up liking.







Numair Chronicles Book 1: Tempests and Slaughter by Tamora Pierce

FINALLY you guys! FINALLY! I admit, I do still wish this was the Tess at magic school book or the Maura of Dunlath books that Pierce has talked about instead...but at this point, I'm taking whatever Tortall/Circle of Magic books I can get.






The Queen's Rising Book 1 by Rebecca Ross

New fantasy series I'll give a shot because I'm a sucker for a fantasy series.









Adult Fiction

The House of Impossible Beauties by Joseph Cassara

LGBT literary fiction book. I'll be honest, it has a teenage MC so I'm a little confused about why this isn't in the YA section. But whatever. I've given up on why publishers put certain books in sections when they are clearly YA or MG.







How to Stop Time by Matt Haig

Time travel romance that frankly reminds me a lot of the plot from the Tempest Trilogy but I'll still give it a look. Apparently this has already been optioned for a movie and Cumberbatch has been tapped to play the lead. So chances are we're going to see a lot of this book in the future.






The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah

Confession: I still have not read The Nightingale. ;ducks into bushes;









Call Me Zebra by Azareen Van der Vliet Oloomi

Literature release I've been seeing pop up on a lot of must-read of the month lists.








Non-Fiction

Brotopia: Breaking Up the Boy's Club of Silicon Valley by Emily Chang

Looks pretty relevant to what's going on right now. I have no doubt this will cause a lot of male tears.








Text Me When You Get Home: The Evolution and Triumph of Modern Female Friendship by Kayleen Schaffer

Looks like an interesting social commentary book. I've been all about these lately.







Slutever: Dispatches From a Sexually Autonomous Woman in a Post-Shame World by Karley Sciortino

Essay collection/biography memoir that sounds like it might be along the lines of Sex Object and I'm all for that.







Feel Free: Essays by Zadie Smith

I have decided that this is the year I'm going to sit and read Zadie Smith. I already have Swing Time checked out from the library. It's happening folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment