Friday, February 9, 2018

Book Review: The Fate of the Tearling

TITLE: The Faste of the Tearling
Book 3 in the Queen of the Tearling Trilogy
AUTHOR: Erika Johansen
PUBLISHED: 2016
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Fantasy
PREMISE: Learn what happens to Kelsea and the rest of the characters of the Tearling in this conclusion of the Queen of the Tearling trilogy...
MY REVIEW: I meant to read this one ages ago. It just sort of slipped my mind. Tearling has been one of those trilogies that built up so well. I liked the first one enough, but the second one was just phenomenal. This one...was good, I'm just not terribly sure how I feel about the ending.
I don't want to go into spoilers but my feelings are so wrapped up in the ending that avoiding spoilers is kind of hard...let's just say...there are time travel shenanigans involved and the ending was definitely not at all what I expected it to be. I don't think it's a bad ending...but I'm also not fond of it either.
I don't know guys. I seem to have a very up and down sort of relationship with this trilogy. There are things I love about it (Kelsea for instance. Kelsea is awesome). There are things I can do without. The ending was one of those things I could do without. According to the author though, chances are good we're getting more Tearling books in the future. So...I'm not even sure if this is the ending of it.
WHO SHOULD READ: those that have read the first two books, Game of Thrones fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five meh endings (or IS IT an ending????)
RATING FOR TRILOGY: Four out of Five

Quotable lines from the book:

"These people are so damn proud of their hatred! Hatred is easy, and lazy to boot. It's love that demands the effort, love that extracts a price from each of us. Love costs; this its value."

Gif summary of feelings


No comments:

Post a Comment