Monday, October 16, 2017

Notable Releases: 10/8-1014

And I'm late once again with this. So sorry about that. Anyway, here are this week's notable releases that are on my radar.:

MG/YA

Echo After Echo by Amy Rose Capetta

LGBTQA contemporary involving theater. I'm in.








Rise of the Empress Book 1: Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao

Fantasy debut I've heard really good things about. Please don't let me down, book. I want at least ONE good fantasy debut this year.






Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

I'm pretty sure everyone and their mother knows this one is coming out. Green certainly doesn't need my help to promote his books. But in case you like forgot or something...

Berserker Book 1 by Emmy Laybourne

This one is promising me historical fantasy: western setting. I'm in.

All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater

New Stiefvater book! Yes! Also, yes, I am aware of those cultural appropriation claims going around about this book. But I can't help but notice that like what happened with Ramona Blue, those claims are made by people who just decided it was appropriation from reading the blurb. So sorry, I can't really take those claims very seriously.



Adult Fiction

The Power by Naomi Alderman

This has been out elsewhere for awhile now, but here in the US it is finally getting released and I've heard some damn good things and can't wait.







Non-Fiction

Black Dahlia, Red Rose: The Crime, Corruption, and Cover-Up of America's Greatest Unsolved Murder by Piu Marie Eatwell

I've heard about the Black Dahlia murder, but I confess...I don't particularly know what the story IS. So I'm rather interested in picking this one up.





A Moonless, Starless Sky: Ordinary Women and Men Fighting Extremism in Africa by Alexis Okeowo

Sounds like this one could be pretty inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment