Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Book Review: Song of the Current

TITLE: Song of the Current
Book 1 in a new series
AUTHOR: Sarah Tolcser
PUBLISHED: June 6th, 2017
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Fantasy
PREMISE: A girl gets caught up in a web of politics when she agrees to take cargo on her father's ship...
MY REVIEW: I'm...not particularly sure how I feel about this one if I'm really honest. I didn't really gain any real feelings about the book as I was reading it. It was one of those plots that move along at record pace and so I didn't particularly get anything out of the book.
As an entertaining fantasy, it does the job. Characters are okay. Setting is okay. Plot is okay. Everything is just...okay to me. There wasn't really anything to set it apart from any other fantasy I have read other then it was nice to have a biracial main character.
So yeah. This book is fine. No real problems with it. But...no huge attachment to it either. It's just...there. I might read the sequel though. It ended in an interesting place.
WHO SHOULD READ: those who like action packed fantasy, fans of The Girl From Everywhere series
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five shrugs

No comments:

Post a Comment