Sunday, October 22, 2017

Notable Releases: 10/15-10/21

I should probably warn you all now: my updating will be random here over the next few months. It's holiday time and I'm in retail. That equals much busier and much wackier schedule. I will try to at least keep this feature up to date, but reviews...who knows.

Here are this past week's releases that are on my radar:

YA/MG

The Midnight Dance by Nikki Katz

I'm intrigued by this one but the reviews so far don't fill me with much confidence. Plus it's put out by Swoon Reads and I've noticed their books and I don't tend to mesh very well together. But...I'm giving it a shot anyway. Because that's what I do. I really should be pickier about books....

A Line in the Dark by Malinda Lo

Lo doing thrillers? Yes please.








Dear Martin by Nic Stone

This is a debut that has been getting tons of buzz. Lots of comparisons to The Hate U Give. Which is probably setting my expectations way too high, so I'm watching that. 







Yes, Pullman is returning to the His Dark Materials world! I am here for this like you wouldn't believe. 


Another debut that has been getting lots of good buzz. 







Adult Fiction

Night Vale Book 1: It Devours! by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor

Yes, a new Night Vale novel! Finally!







Non-Fiction

Grant by Ron Chernow

The author of Hamilton, aka that biography that helped inspire the musical, tackles Grant. 







Oriana Fallaci: The Journalist, The Agitator, The Legend by Cristina de Stefano

Interesting looking biography about an Italian journalist.







Where the Past Begins: A Writer's Memoir by Amy Tan

Tan doing a memoir on her writing inspirations and writing? I'm in. 








This week's celebrity memoir/book comes to you from Gabrielle Union, a long time actress who's been in...well a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment