Friday, October 6, 2017

Book Review: Talking as Fast as I Can

TITLE: Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls and Gilmore Girls to Everything In Between
AUTHOR: Lauren Graham
CATEGORY: Non-Fiction
PUBLISHED: November 2016
GENRE: Memoirs
PREMISE: Actress Lauren Graham talks about her life during the filming of Gilmore Girls, Parenthood and much more.
MY REVIEW: Celebrity memoirs are for a certain type of audience. Namely, it's for people who are fans of the person writing the memoir. If you are not a fan of the person in question, you more then likely aren't going to be picking this up at all. But I am a Lauren Graham fan and a huge Gilmore Girls fan (for the record, I am team Rory Needs to Work on Herself Before She Has a Boyfriend).
This was a pretty typical memoir. There's nothing really major revealed in it. It's a quick and easy read. I finished it in a day. The thing I most liked was the chapter where she watches through Gilmore Girls and shares some thoughts.
So if you are a Lauren Graham or just Gilmore Girls/Parenthood fan...pick this one up. If you aren't...you probably were never going to read this in the first place. From what I hear the audiobook is much better then reading it. Apparently Graham herself narrates it and does a really good job. So if you are inclined towards audiobooks, I'd try it that way.
WHO SHOULD READ: Lauren Graham fans, Gilmore Girl fans, Parenthood fans
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five fun memoirs

No comments:

Post a Comment