Saturday, October 7, 2017

Notable Releases: 10/1-10/7

Here are all the release from this past week. Apologies for no post last weekend, I unfortunately was very busy and couldn't post. Some potentially awesome books that came out that week include: There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins, The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo, Diviners 3: The Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray (FINALLY), and Invictus by Ryan Graudin

Here are THIS past week's notable releases that you can probably expect me to be reviewing at some point.

MG/YA

The Hanging Girl by Eileen Cook

Sounds like this will be a good spooky one for fall.









Vanderbeekers Book 1: The Vanderbeekers of 141rst Street by Karina Yan Glaser

A middle-grade book that has been getting some buzz and sounds like it's going to be adorable.

Wild Beauty by Anne-Marie McLemore

I have a feeling this is going to be the book that comes in October's OwlCrate box. On one hand, I'm not a fan of magical realism, on the other hand...gorgeous cover is gorgeous so...I don't mind.

Magnus Chase Book 3: The Ship of the Dead by Rick Riordan

You all know I love Rick Riordan. Of course this book makes the list.

Devil's and Thieves Book 1 by Jennifer Rush

I remember enjoying Rush's Altered series and this sounds like it could be cool. Reviews aren't filling me with much confidence but as I've said in the past: I can't really put much stock into Goodreads reviews. I mean, there are people who will give one star ratings to a book just because that book is the start of a series and that person hates series. So yeah.





Nightside Saga 1: 27 Hours by Tristina Wright

LGBTQA sci-fi book that looks like it could be cool. Again, the ratings on Goodreads are making me hesitate, but again...I don't particularly trust Goodreads reviewers that much...so yeah. We'll have to see about this one.







Adult Fiction

Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View by various authors

Short story collection celebrating Star Wars' 40th anniversary. It apparently is basically the movies, but told from the perspective of various side characters. I love shit like this and some of those names of authors have me very excited about this book.

The Indigo Girl by Natasha Boyd

Historical fiction that sounds like it could be interesting. I'm a little confused about why it's marketed as adult fiction though. From the summary, the main character is a teenager. So this should be in the YA section. But whatever. I've given up figuring out why marketers put things in what section.






Her Body and Other Parties by Carmen Maria Machado

A short story collection that has been getting lots of buzz.

Their Bright Ascendency 1: The Tiger's Daughter by K. Arsenault Rivera

Fantasy LGBTQA book I've been hearing good things about. But there have also been accusations of racism against it so...yeah. I'm reading it, but also very wary. Which is why it will be a library read.







Non-Fiction

From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death by Caitlin Daughty

A book looking at how different cultures/countries bury their dead. It sound morbid, but also kind of fascinating.







Comics/Manga

New Superman Vol. 2: Coming to America
Red Hood and the Outlaws Vol. 2: Who is Artemis

No comments:

Post a Comment