Sunday, May 7, 2017

Notable Releases: 4/30-5/6

Here are all the notable releases from this past week that are on my radar, are books I think people might want to know about, or are just big buzzy books of the moment. I apologize for how late this is, I have been working steadily since Wednesday, or have had family things, so there's been very little free time.

MG/YA

To All the Boys Book 3: Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han

I am very much a newcomer to Han (I only discovered her just last year) but this final book in the Lara Jean series has definitely been on my anticipated list for the year. Well, possible final book. I've learned to never say never with YA.





Release by Patrick Ness

Ness has recently climbed up the ranks in my favorite authors list. I'm very intrigued by this one which is billing itself as a cross between Mrs. Dalloway and Forever. Interesting mix.






Dream Fall Book 1 by Amy Plum

Amy Plum always has interesting ideas, so I'll definitely check out this new series from her at some point. Word on the street is that it's been optioned for TV.






Star Wars: Rebel Rising by Beth Revis

More Star Wars books to tide you over till the Last Jedi comes out. Seven more months guys. We're almost there.

Trials of Apollo Book 2: The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan

Another highly anticipated release for me. Hidden Oracle was one of my favorite reads from last year and Riordan always delivers.







The Pearl Thief by Elizabeth Wein

New Wein book! That is a prequel of sorts to Code Name Verity. This is an awesome book release week, I have to say.







Adult Fiction:

Divine Cities Book 3: City of Miracles by Robert Jackson Bennett

Note to self: read the second book of the series. I did start it but I set it aside because of various things. I need to get back to it.






Girl With All the Gifts 2: The Boy on the Bridge by M.R. Carey

Sequel to The Girl With All the Gifts! Huzzah!

Nikki Heat Book 9: Heat Storm by Richard Castle

If you've read both the Derek Storm series and the Nikki Heat books and thought "damn, I wished these two would meet". Well, the author has you covered.

London Underground Book 1: From Duke Till Dawn by Eva Leigh

Looking for your historical romance fix? Eva Leigh has you covered with a new series.

Burntown by Jennifer McMahon

Latest creepy thriller offering. Coming to you from the author of The Winter People.







Non-Fiction:

The H Spot: The Feminist Pursuit of Happiness by Jill Filipovic

Interesting looking social commentary type book about women and happiness.

Jane Austen: The Secret Radical by Helena Kelly

A new look into Jane Austen that sounds potentially interesting.

This is Just My Face: Try Not to Stare by Gabourey Sidibe

This week's celebrity memoir offering comes to you from the delightful actor from things like Push and Empire.







Graphic Novels/Manga:

Goldie Vance Vol. 2 TP
Wonder Woman Vol. 2: Year One TP
Ocean of Secrets vol. 1 manga
D. Gray Man Vol. 25 manga
Haikyu Vol. 11 manga
My Hero Academia Vol. 8
One Piece Vol. 82 (yes, 82. Good lord, One Piece)

No comments:

Post a Comment