Saturday, May 20, 2017

Notable Book Releases: 5/14-5/20

First off: apologies for no release post last week. Honestly, there were only like two books I was interested in, and the rest I didn't think anyone would particularly care about. So I didn't think a post was terribly necessary for two books. I suppose that's what happens when you have a big opening week beforehand.
But there are lots of interesting things this week, so here we go:

MG/YA

Flame in the Mist Book 1 by Renee Ahdieh

A Mulan retelling from the author of Wrath and the Dawn? Bring it.








The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich

LGBTQA book that looks really fun. I'm ignoring those ratings on Goodreads for now because I've found when it comes to LGBTQA books (or any book not featuring a white protagonist or be a YA book not featuring romance) the ratings can be very suspect.





Riders Book 2: Seeker by Veronica Rossi

Sequel to last year's Riders which...I still have mixed feelings about, so I'm not sure if I'll be getting to this one. But for those that liked it, the sequel is out.

The Crown's Game Book 2: The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye

I'll be honest: I did not like The Crown's Game. It was a DNF book for me from last year. A very disappointing DNF because I loved the premise but the writing and basically everything...was just so bland for me. But I am apparently in the minority on this feeling, so I'm letting those that liked the first book know the sequel is out.



Adult Fiction

Large Animals by Jess Arndt

A short story debut that has been getting some buzz around the lit sphere.








Non-Fiction

The Fact of a Body: A Murder and a Memoir by Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich

True crime memoir type book that has been getting some buzz.







City of Light, City of Poison by Holly Tucker

Talk about crime solving in Paris during the 1600s? I'm in. I also want a Netflix series or PBS/BBC costume drama about it.






How Dare the Sun Rise by Sandra  and Abigail Pesta

Looks like this one is going to be the heart-wrenching memoir of the summer. 









Comics/Manga releases

Free Country: A Tale of the Children's Crusade TP
Supergirl Vol. 1: Reign of the Cyborg Supermen TP
Spider-man Spider-Gwen Sitting in a Tree TP

No comments:

Post a Comment