Saturday, May 27, 2017

Notable Book Releases: 5/21-5/27

Here are some of the notable releases from this past week. Edit: Not sure what happened down below with formatting. But I fixed now. I hope...

MG/YA


Woohoo! New Stranje House book! I adore this silly but fun historical romance series. 


The latest Mortal Instruments universe book. You know how I keep saying I was going to quit this series? Yeah...I'm feeling the need to pick them up again. Damn this series' pull.






Cage Book 3: The Gauntlet by Megan Shepherd.

The Cage trilogy draws to a close. I still need to read the second book. I never got to it last year. Look, there were a lot of books last year, okay?





Adult Fiction

Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton

So apparently someone found a manuscript of this book after Crichton's death and...I don't know. I never really feel comfortable reading books that an author possibly never actually wanted to get published (looking at you Go Set a Watchman). But...there might be fans who are interested, so here you go.






The popular series returns with another installment. Also, FYI there's apparently a movie coming. 

Black Mad Wheel by Josh Malerman

New book from the author of the really creepy book Bird Box. Also taking those low goodreads ratings with a grain of salt because most of it seems to be "this isn't as good as Bird Box!" whines, with no real reason given for why it's not as good. See, this is why I side-eye Goodread reviews a lot, positive or negative. 




River of Teeth by Sarah Gailey

Awesome looking alternate history debut that's been getting some buzz.








Non-Fiction


Book featuring short bios on 22 people you probably didn't know/weren't told were part of the LGBTQA community.






Graphic novels/Manga

Josie and the Pussycats Vol. 1 TP
The Books of Magic Vol. 1 TP
Moonshine Vol. 1 TP
No Mercy Vol. 3 TP
Princess Jellyfish Vol. 4 manga
Moon Knight Vol. 2: Reincarnations TP
Unworthy Thor TP

No comments:

Post a Comment