Saturday, March 11, 2017

Notable Releases: 3/5-3/11

Here are the releases from this past week that are on my radar or I think people will be interested in knowing about.

MG/YA:

You're Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner

A new contemporary that has been buzzed about a lot recently.

Rebel of the Sands Book 2: Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton

I had...mixed feelings about Rebel of the Sands last year. But I did like it enough that I'm probably going to read its sequel. At some point.

The Inexplicable Logic of My Life by Benjamin Alire Saenz (I'm sorry, I don't know how to do accent marks on this computer yet)

A new book from the author of one of my personal favorites: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe.






Adult Fiction:

The Others: Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop

I discovered The Others only about a year or so ago, so I'm very much a new fan, but man I can't wait to read this final book. And then move on to Bishop's other books that look just as good.

Mercy Thompson 10: Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs

New Mercy Thompson! I really should get caught up on this series, I'm a few books behind...







Exit West by Mohsin Hamid

Interesting looking lit book, that has been making the rounds lately. It's magical realism apparently, so I'm not sure how much I'll like it. But all lit fans should take note of it, because I have a feeling it's going to be talked about a lot this year.

InCryptid Book 6: Magic For Nothing by Seanan McGuire

I confess, I haven't gotten to this series yet. But after reading Every Heart a Doorway last year and loving it, I'm definitely going to be remedying that...sometime.






Non-Fiction:

Dear Ijeawele, or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

New Adichie! Always something to be excited about.







We: A Manifesto for Women Everywhere by Gillian Anderson and Jennifer Nadel

In case it escaped your notice, International Women's Day was this week. It definitely didn't escape publishers' notice and I'm glad it didn't.

Unfiltered: No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me by Lily Collins

Latest celebrity memoir for those who like such things (meaning me).








South and West by Joan Didion

Confession time: I've never read any Joan Didion. I'm hoping to remedy that soon.

One Day We'll All Be Dead and None of This Will Matter by Scaachi Koul

Interesting looking new collection of essays that promise to be good for Roxane Gay fans. I am a Roxane Gay fan, so I'm definitely interested.






The Mother of All Questions by Rebecca Solnit

So much feminist goodness this week. Need more time to read it all.








Graphic novels/Manga released (TP=Trade Paperback, HC=Hardcover):

Victorian Secret Girls of Steampunk Collection TP
Hatter M: Looking Glass Wars Vol. 6 TP
Adventure Time Vol. 11 TP
Giant Days Vol. 4 TP
Deathstroke Vol. 1: The Professional TP
Superman Vol. 2: Return to Glory TP
Cannibal Vol. 1 TP
Avengers and X-Men Axis TP
Cloak and Dagger: Lost and Found TP
Powerman and Iron Fist Vol. 2: Civil War II TP
Bleach Vol. 69
Hunter X Hunter Vol. 33
One-Punch Man Vol. 11
Skip Beat Vol. 38
Yo-Kai Watch Vol. 7

No comments:

Post a Comment