Thursday, March 9, 2017

Comics Review: Superman-Lois and Clark

Series: Superman
Arc: Lois and Clark (Road to Rebirth)
Writers: Dan Jurgens
Artists: Lee Weeks and Neil Edwards
PUBLISHED: 2016
COMIC HOUSE: DC
GENRE: Superhero
PREMISE: Alternate versions of Lois and Clark hang out in the New52 verse hiding their identity and raising a kid.
MY REVIEW: So, I've been continuing my toe-dipping into Rebirth. I thought I'd start with some of the Road to Rebirth releases. This one...was actually a pleasant surprise because I'll be honest, I haven't been thrilled with the Superman comics as of late, particularly where they screwed over the character of Lois Lane because...honestly it mostly felt like they just did it so they could have an excuse to have Clark date Diana. As a Lois Lane fan AND a Wonder Woman fan who thinks it's nonsense that these two need to compete for whatever reason...it was irritating and I honestly haven't picked up a Superman comic in quite awhile as a result.
This new start to Superman...has me cautiously excited. Lois is back to the Lois I know and adore. Father Superman is quite frankly a delight. There are some easter eggs in here I probably missed due to not being completely into the Superman mythology, but I managed to make sense of most of it. If you know the Superman movies/Supergirl TV show, you should be able to get the gist of this.
The art...was all right. I've seen worse. I've also seen better. All in all, this is a good introduction to the start of Superman in Rebirth. Highly recommend reading this before you start Son of Superman.
WHO SHOULD READ: Superman fans, DC fans, those who have read Rebirth Omnibus
MY RATING: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment