Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Looking Ahead: August 2016 Releases on My Radar

First off, I apologize for my absence this month. There's been family drama/family vacations going on all at once so while I have definitely been reading, reviewing...has kind of gone by the wayside. I hope to get back into the swing of things this month. Ha ha. In the mean time, here are books being released this month that are on my radar that you can expect reviews for on here....eventually.

Released August 2nd:

Alienated Book 3: United by Melissa Landers

Honestly, I was a bit surprised to learn that there was a third book in this series. I felt the second book wrapped things up pretty neatly. But apparently the author felt differently. I guess we'll see how this goes.






August 9th:

Another Brooklyn by Jacqueline Woodson

Adult release from the author of Brown Girl Dreaming which I finally got to this year. I've been hearing good things about this one.






August 16th:

Court of Fives Book 2: Poisoned Blade by Kate Elliott

I'll be honest, I wasn't terribly impressed with Court of Fives. But, I always give three star book series starters one more chance to convince me to continue. Because every so often the second book turns things around into a great series/trilogy. I'm hoping that's what happens here.




Broken Earth Book 2: The Obelisk Gate by N. K. Jemisin

New N. K. Jemisin is always something to look forward too.







August 23rd:

Ghost Talkers by Mary Robinette Kowal

Adult fantasy release that just sounds really cool.

Jackaby Book 3: Ghostly Echoes by William Ritter

New Jackaby book! This series is criminally underrated.







August 30th:

Magisterium Book 3: The Bronze Key by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare

This series is basically Harry Potter AU fanfic. I don't care, I enjoy every cheesy moment of it.






Scandal and Scoundrel Book 2: A Scot in the Dark by Sarah MacLean

I became something of a Sarah MacLean fangirl this past year. It may be awhile until I get to this particular book, but I will get there.

Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi

Other then the gorgeous writing, I didn't really get into the Shatter Me trilogy all that much. But from what I see this book is completely different from Shatter Me so I'm giving Mafi another shot.






Ember in the Ashes Book 2: A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir

Ember in the Ashes was a fun read last year. I'm looking forward to the sequel.







And that is surprisingly it for this month. But that's mostly because next month is when a lot of really awesome things come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment