Saturday, August 6, 2016

Series Review: The Others

SERIES: The Others
Books in Order: Written in Red
Murder of Crows
Vision in Silver
Marked in Flesh
AUTHOR: Anne Bishop
PUBLISHED: 2013-2016
CATEGORY: Adult
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
PREMISE: A seer escapes from her prison and finds a new life among The Others, beings like shape-shifters, vampires, and so on.
MY REVIEW: Last year I read the first book in this series and basically fell in love. This year, I've been going through all the available books and am now fully caught up. I am still very much in love. The world-building in this series is phenomenal. I love the complicated dynamics going on between the characters. I love the slow burn of the conflict between The Others and humans. It's just so well done.
My only complaint is honestly, as much as I love all the detail...these books are really slow. I'm not kidding about this being a slow burn of a series. It's not totally boring or anything. There are things happening and they're important. But if you're someone who likes fast-paced plots...this might not be your thing.
Overall however, this series is great. It's one of my top urban fantasy series out there. I can't wait to read the next book next year now that I'm all caught up.
WHO SHOULD READ: Sookie Stackhouse fans, urban fantasy fans
MY RATING FOR SERIES: Four out of Five seers

No comments:

Post a Comment