Monday, October 5, 2015

Book Review: Rivals in the City

TITLE: Rivals in the City
Book 4 in The Agency series
AUTHOR: Y. S. Lee
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Historical Mystery
PUBLISHED: March 2015 (in the US, released in 2014 elsewhere)
PREMISE: Mary receives one more task from the agency that trained her.
MY REVIEW: I admit, I was surprised to hear there was a forth book in the Agency series. To me, book three wrapped things up nicely. But I loved this series so much that I didn't mind an extra book.
I...still don't know why there was a forth book. While the extra adventure was certainly nice, it wasn't exactly necessary. This one felt slower then the other mysteries to be honest. It was still fun though. Mary is still an awesome character. It didn't screw up any satisfaction the third book gave. Mostly, it just felt like a really long epilogue where we get to see what happens to bit characters here and there.
So...I don't think this is the best book in the series. But it was at least nice to hang out with Mary again and see how life after the Agency has found her.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of the first three books who want to spend more time with the character.
MY RATING: Four out of Five not necessary but welcome books

No comments:

Post a Comment