Saturday, July 18, 2015

Book Review: Playlist For the Dead

TITLE: Playlist For the Dead
AUTHOR: Michelle Falkoff
PUBLISHED: January 27th, 2015
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Realistic Fiction
PREMISE: A boy tries to move on from his friends suicide while finding a playlist his friend made.
MY REVIEW: I'll be honest, this book was just simply not my thing. I don't think there was anything totally wrong with it. Probably for someone more into the contemporary John Greenish stuff floating around a lot, it'll be perfect. For me...I just couldn't get into this one.
Part of it was that it just kept reminding me of other, far better, books. It reminded me a bit of Thirteen Reasons Why. But it was not as good as that. It reminded me a bit of John Green's books. But it was not as good as his stuff (and please keep in mind, I'm not even one who worships John Green).
Honestly, it just didn't really resonate well with me. It never seemed to go anywhere or have anything to say. It ended very abruptly as well. But again, this was not really my thing. Perhaps for people more into contemporary fiction, it's a good book. Ultimately, I advise checking it out of the library first to see if it's for you.
WHO SHOULD READ: John Green fans, Thirteen Reasons Why fans, realistic fiction fans
MY RATING: Three out of Five playlists

No comments:

Post a Comment