Friday, March 6, 2015

Book Review: All Fall Down

TITLE: All Fall Down
Book 1 in the Embassy Row series
AUTHOR: Ally Carter
PUBLISHED: January 20th, 2015
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Mystery
PREMISE: A girl goes to live with her grandfather and becomes obsessed with finding out what happened to her mother.
MY REVIEW: As all of you know, I am a big Ally Carter fangirl. Literally, none of her books have disappointed me and this one is no exception. I was looking forward to it something fierce because there were no Carter books last year and I was going through major withdrawal.
Now, I will warn, at first it is usual mystery stuff. This is very much a first book, concerned with setting up the characters, giving us history, and teasing us mercilessly about the things we don't know yet. It reminds me a lot of the first Gallagher Girls book, actually. Which had a small set up at first and then promised a lot more with that ending and delivered in the next few books. So while this was a business as usual type of thing...I suspect the coming books are going to have much more meat to them.
Personally, I enjoyed this one a lot. Most epic book ever? No, not yet. But again: this is the first in a Ally Carter series. So all the epic stuff is going to be coming soon, I'm sure. It is at most, a promise of some pretty epic things.
WHO SHOULD READ: Ally Carter fans, mystery fans, those that don't mind build-up series
MY RATING: Four out of Five promising starts

No comments:

Post a Comment