Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait to Get

This is a weekly meme hosted by the ladies over at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week: Top Ten Sequels I Can't Wait to Get:

1) Diviners Book 2: Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
Being Released: God willing that there's no more delay, April 2015

Why: Because Diviners is freaking awesome and I've been waiting for over TWO YEARS for this book. I'm not yelling at Bray, I get that when the writing juice doesn't come, it doesn't come. But seriously: two years.






2) Seraphina Book 2: Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman
Being Released: March 2015, god willing again.

Why: another sequel to an awesome book that I've been waiting forever for.








3) Lunar Chronicles 3.5: Fairest AND Lunar Chronicles 4: Winter by Marissa Meyer
Being Released: Fairest will be out on January 27th, and Winter is going to be out November 15th (just in time for my birthday next year! I know what I'm spending my birthday money on that year)

Why: Because Lunar Chronicles is awesome. If you haven't read it yet, get Cinder like now.




4) The Custard Protocol Book 1: Prudence by Gail Carriger
Being Released: March 17th, 2015

Why: Okay, I'm kind of cheating with this one since technically it's a new series. BUT it's a new series that is a sequel to a pre-existing series. So I say it totally counts as a sequel. Prudence is the daughter of Alexia and don't even try to tell me you don't want to read about Alexia and Lord Maccon's kid.





5) Madman's Daughter Trilogy Book 3: A Cold Legacy by Megan Shephard
Being Released: January 2015

Why: I've been a fan of this vastly underrated trilogy since the beginning. I can't wait to see how it ends.







6) Winner's Trilogy Book 2: The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski
Being Released: March 2015

Why: Really enjoyed the twists and turns of Winner's Curse. Can't wait to continue the story.







7) Nevermore Trilogy Book 3: Oblivion by Kelly Creagh
Being Released: July 28th, 2015

Why: yet another sequel to an awesome series that I've been waiting for forever.







8) Mediator Book 7: Remembrance by Meg Cabot (no cover out yet)
Being Released: February 2016

Why: Mediator series was my crack as a teen. You seriously think I'm not looking forward to reading about Suze as an adult? I hope she gets to visit Father Dom at her alma matter, ;crosses fingers;

9) Princess Diaries 11: Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot (no cover yet)
Being Released: June 2nd, 2015

Why: Mia and Michael's wedding! Mia and Michael's wedding! MIA AND MICHAEL'S WEDDING!

10) Game of Thrones Book 6 and beyond by George R. R. Martin
Being Released: Who the hell knows when.

Why: Because it's Game of Thrones and there were several cliffhangers in A Dance of Dragons. Get it out already, Martin.







2 comments:

  1. Do you know how close I came to putting Prudence on my list? I absolutely cannot wait!
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I debated between that and Mutiny and Manners, but I haven't gotten to Waistcoats and Weaponry yet (it's sitting on my shelf waiting for me to get to it).
    But I'm totally with you on Foxglove Summer. I love the Peter Grant series, I literally just discovered it about two months ago and have been devouring the books ever since.

    ReplyDelete