Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Book Review: The Vanishing Season

TITLE: The Vanishing Season
AUTHOR: Jodi Lynn Anderson
PUBLISHED: July 1rst, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Mystery
PREMISE: A girl moves to a town just as girls are being kidnapped...
MY REVIEW: First off, I'll start with the obvious: it wasn't as good as Tiger Lily. I hate to say that. But...it wasn't. However, that doesn't mean it wasn't good AT ALL. There is still some very good stuff going on here. I just didn't love it as much as I loved Tiger Lily.
It's still as absorbing as Tiger Lily was. It still has those complicated dynamics and characters that I've come to associate with Anderson's work. The ending was also a honest surprise. So kudos for that. Was a good surprise? Well...that's up in the air and will probably depend on the reader's feelings. I didn't particularly care for it, but I have to say the author was good at leading up to it and shocking you with it.
So...not as good as Tiger Lily. But still a very absorbing and interesting read. It's also perfect for summer because of the setting.
WHO SHOULD READ: Jodi Lynn Anderson fans, fans of slow build-up mysteries
MY RATING: Four out of Five muggy summer days

No comments:

Post a Comment