Sunday, August 31, 2014

Book Review: Idols

TITLE: Idols
Book 2 in the Icons series
AUTHOR: Margaret Stohl
PUBLISHED: July 8th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Dystopian/Sci-Fi
PREMISE: The Icon children continue their journey...
MY REVIEW: I was sort of hoping the sequel would clear up some confusion I had about the first book. Unfortunately...it didn't.
Also, it continued with the unnecessary love triangle. Sigh. Granted, the ending made for quite the cliffhanger, so it wasn't a total wash. But ultimately, this was a very slow and confusing sequel.
I think I'm going to have to give up on this one. I just can't get into it for some reason. It's one of those kinds of books that's either going to appeal to you or not appeal to you, and this one...doesn't appeal to me. Which is strange, considering how much I loved Beautiful Creatures. Considering I love Kami Garcia's solo series, Unbreakable, I'm starting to wonder if my love of the series had more to do with her then with Stohl. Because reading these author's solo acts has sort of given me an idea of which author was responsible for what in that series.
WHO SHOULD READ: Beautiful Creatures fans (who were more into the romance), fans of the first book
MY RATING: Three and a half out of Five confusing book is confusing

No comments:

Post a Comment