Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Book Review: The Forever Song

TITLE: The Forever Song
Book 3 in the Blood of Eden Trilogy
AUTHOR: Julie Kagawa
PUBLISHED: April 15th, 2014
CATEGORY: YA
GENRE: Dystopian, Vampires
PREMISE: Allison travels with Jackel and Kanin to take down Sarren forever...
MY REVIEW: If I ever want books that are great entertainment without making me feel like I'm losing IQ points, I pick up Kagawa. Her stuff is what I call smart pop culture. It's self aware and plays on that. The result is entertainment that is just plain fun and yet has some bite to it (yeah, I went there).
Blood of Eden is a perfect example. It plays on the Walking Dead scenario but with vampires. The result is a refreshing dystopian that doesn't feel old. True, several things here happened like I thought they would. But the journey is fun enough that I don't mind.
Maybe not the most mentally challenging read in the universe, but the Blood of Eden is definitely a solid series that flows well and is great ride all the way through. Can't wait to see what Kagawa comes up with next.
WHO SHOULD READ: fans of the first two books, Walking Dead fans, Vampire fans
MY RATING: Four out of FIve vampires kicking butt.
RATING FOR TRILOGY: Four out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment